Monday, December 27, 2010

Todays Tool Don't Drink, Just for Today!

Don't Take A Drink, No Matter What, Just for Today.

I have seen many people relapse, including myself, in the rooms. I had 7 years, and then drank for 7 more before coming back. I just celebrated my year June 7th.

I have seen people relapse with all different stories - went to meetings all the time and still drank, stopped going to meetings and drank. Drank because it was a sunny/not sunny day. Had/didn't have money. Was/wasn't a secretary of a meeting. Had a resentment against a friend/meeting/coffee maker/ dog/cat/ car/leaf. Had 89 days/ 30 years/13 years.

The one common denominator in all the people that have relapsed -myself included - is the day they drank, they had not asked their higher power for help staying sober all day that day, no matter what.

So if you haven't yet, thank God for letting you stay sober today, and ask for help staying sober the rest of the day NO MATTER WHAT.

- Happy holidays from our treatment center to your home.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home